Getting Married ?
Everything will look better on your wedding day if your posture is good and you walk well
- Stand tall with your chin level
- You can try imagining you are being lifted up by your hair (painful)
- Or as if your sternum (chest bone) is being lifted up by a balloon (my favourite)
- Make sure your shoulders are relaxed and slightly back as if they are falling down your bac.
- Do not try and correct your posture by trying to pull your shoulders back
- If you have an exaggerated curve on your lower back you can try lengthening this area by pushing your bottom towards your heels while keeping your knees straight. You will feel your lower abds engage. You will be tilting your pelvis backwards
- If you have a “tucked-in” bottom with a straight back you can try doing the opposite – this means you will need to relax your abds.
- Gently squeeze your bottom muscles together.
- Relax one of your hips, and allow the knee to naturally bend, ensuring it is centered over the 2nd toe.
- The heel will left, swing the leg freely, and ensure that you land on the heel roll throught the foot to the 2nd and 3rd toes and step off.
- Repeat with the other leg and voila! You are gliding down the aisle !